General Contest Rules
Unless otherwise specified, all contests are held using Community Broadcaster's contest rules.
In the following rules, “CBLLC” means Community Broadcasters, LLC,:
- Some CBLLC contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on CBLLC during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the CBLLC studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
- Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. CBLLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the CBLLC studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
- All CBLLC contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to CBLLC that will be presented to CBLLC and accepted before the prize is awarded.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the CBLLC studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
- Employees and Interns of Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the CBLLC main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- CBLLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- CBLLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond CBLLC’s control warrant.
- CBLLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
- CBLLC shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
- Regarding CBLLC’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of CBLLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of CBLLC management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not CBLLC’s responsibility.
- A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the CBLLC studios.
Rules subject to change
No Repeat Work Week WTOJ
All General Contest Rules apply to the No Repeat Work Week.
The No Repeat work will will end on June 23, 2023.
The No Repeat Work Week is defined as 7 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday. Any day designated as a Federal Holiday (i.e. – Memorial Day) are excluded from the No Repeat Work Week time frame.
On the first day of each no repeat work week at 7:20 AM, WTOJ will announce and play one song and designate that song the “No Repeat song of the week” hereafter referred to as The no Repeat Song.
When The No Repeat Song plays again, in its entirety, during the times defined above as the No Repeat Work Week, listeners should call the WTOJ request line at 315-755-1031. The 20th caller will be awarded a gift certificate worth $103 for any Stewart’s Shops location which may be used to purchase gasoline.
The No Repeat Song may play again during the same No Repeat Work Week and another prize of a $103 gift certificate will be awarded.
The No Repeat Song may play outside of the No Repeat Work Week hours. No prize will be awarded if the No Repeat Song plays anytime outside the hours of the No Repeat Work Week.
On Friday afternoon at 6 PM (the end of one no repeat work week) the No Repeat Song will lose its designation as the No Repeat Song.
WTOJ reserves the right to designate times of equipment failure where a song may be played twice due to such failure. During such times, WTOJ will announce on the air that it is experiencing technical difficulties and that the contest is temporarily suspended. WTOJ will make another announcement at the end of the technical difficulties and that the contest is being resumed.
WTOJ reserves the right to play a song twice if news events warrant, such as the death of a music artist and subsequent tributes that include their songs. However, multiple plays of the same song during such tributes will not qualify for a prize.
Get You Tanked with 94 Rock WOTT
All General Contest Rules apply to the Get You Tanked contest
Weekdays from April 11, 2023, through June 23, 2023 (“the period”), 94 Rock WOTT will, from time to time, broadcast a ‘Song of the Day.’ We will announce what the song of the day is each weekday at or close to 7:20AM. We will also announce the 2 hour window & song of the day, at the start of our 2 hour window on our Facebook page.
The 9th caller at 315-786-7625 to correctly identify hearing the ‘Song of the Day’ (“qualifier”) immediately following the start of its broadcast will be qualified to win $100 gas card that will be given away every Friday, after last person is qualified.
Contestants must be 18 years old or older and hold a valid drivers’ license issued by one of the United States’ fifty states and, if deemed necessary by 94 Rock WOTT management, produce proof of age satisfactory to 94 Rock WOTT management in its sole discretion.
One winner per family. One winner per household.
Birthday Gas Grab WEFX
All General Contest Rules apply to the Get You Tanked contest
Weekday mornings between 5 AM and 10 AM, listen to WEFX for the station to announce the Birthday Month of the Day. If the month announced matches the month the listener was born, the listener is invited to text their name and birthdate to 315-226-3245.
On Friday of each week, one text will be drawn from all text messages received. That listener will be awarded a $100 gift card from Stewarts Shop, which may be used to purchase gasoline.
The Birthday Gas Grab will end on our around 6/23/2023.
Gas Blast WBDR
All General Contest Rules apply to the No Repeat Work Week contest.
Participants are required to listen and call in near the specified times from Monday to Friday: 7:20am, 10:20am, 12:20pm, and 4:20pm.
During each contest time, the on-air announcer will invite the 20th caller to The Border 106.7 contest lines.
The 20th caller will have the opportunity to guess the total amount of money on the gift card.
If the 20th caller accurately guesses the exact dollar amount, they will be declared the winner of that amount, subject to meeting all eligibility requirements.
In the event that the guess is higher or lower than the correct amount, it will be announced on-air.
Once a prize is awarded, the contest resets with a new amount and concludes for that particular day.
A new round of guesses will commence on the following weekday at 7:20am.
The contest is scheduled to conclude on or around 6/23/2023.