The following are the official rules for the Hot Tub Club contest.
In the following rules, “CBLLC” means Community Broadcasters, LLC,:
1. Some CBLLC contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on CBLLC during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
2. Anytime you call the CBLLC studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
3. Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. CBLLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the CBLLC studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. All CBLLC contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to CBLLC that will be presented to CBLLC and accepted before the prize is awarded.
7. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the CBLLC studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
8. Employees and Interns of Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the CBLLC main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. CBLLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. CBLLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond CBLLC’s control warrant.
13. CBLLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. CBLLC shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
15. Regarding CBLLC’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of CBLLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of CBLLC management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not CBLLC’s responsibility.
16. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the CBLLC studios.
- Listeners can register to win the hot tub 1 of 4 ways.
- On-Air: Listeners can be the correct caller when instructed to call the stations studio to qualify.
- Register on-line: Listeners can register on the stations website or Facebook page for a slot in the finals. Qualifiers from on-line will be chosen at random and notified.
- Register at Sundance Leisure: Listeners can register at Sundance Leisure for a slot in the finals. Qualifiers will be chosen at random and notified.
- Register at a station appearance: During the contest, station will announce where the hot tub will be on display and listeners can register for the hot tub at that location. Qualifiers will be chosen at random and notified.
- Grand Prize is either a Hot Tub from Sundance Leisure or a $4000 gift card from Sundance Leisure. Gift card may not be exchanged for cash and has no cash value.
- On 6/17/2017 all qualifiers will gather at Sundance Leisure, 19281 US-11, Watertown, NY 13601. Qualifiers must be present to win. All qualifiers must arrive and register for grand prize drawing between 10:00 and 11:00 AM on 6/17/2017.
- For each registered qualifier, a ticket stub will be drawn. The number on that ticket stub will be written on the bottom of a rubber duck. The ticket stub will go into a fishbowl, and the corresponding rubber duck will be placed into a pool of water. After all qualifiers are registered, one ticket stub will be drawn at random from the fishbowl. The number on the stub will not be revealed to anyone other than the judges and said stub will then be placed into a secret envelope. Each qualifier will then be called upon one-by-one to select a rubber duck from the pool. After all qualifiers select a rubber duck, the secret envelope will be opened and the winning number revealed. The qualifier with the corresponding rubber duck will be awarded the grand prize.